CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Bookworm for a reason

Well my name does say bookworm doesn't it, so I thought it would only be right to throw some book stuff in every once in a while. Like the nights that I spend hours doing homework with my youngest daughter and I do not have time to do my nails. Like, um, tonight and last night. 

My love for books started at a young age. The first book that I can recall reading was A Wrinkle In Time. After that it was your regularly assigned books in school. How To Kill A Mocking Jay, Where The Red Fern Grows, James and The Giant Peach, and Little Women. 

When I got to junior high my taste in books greatly changed. I discovered True Crime novels. Most people would think that this is an odd choice for a 7th grader, and maybe it is, but I knew nothing of what the world or the people in it was really like until I started to read these books. My choice in books didn't change until I was 29. Yep never read a non fiction book all those years. Not once(well not for myself at least). 

After running out of movies to rent at Blockbuster I broke down and rented Twilight. I had no clue what it was or anything about the books until I saw the movie. Being a little curious I went and got some cheap paperback and decided to see what all the fuss was about. It was all downhill from there. It was so different having a break from reality. I read book, after book, after book. I bought all of the Twilight books, and then I moved on to the books of my most favorite movies, Harry Potter. I read all of them in two weeks. 

Over the past three years I have read a handful of series. I seem to gravitate more towards paranormal smut as I like to call it. The Black Dagger Brotherhood series is my favorite so far. It has vampires, smut, and it throws in some ass kicking. Some other great series are; The Hunger Games, The Fallen Series, Sookie Stackhouse, The Mortal Instruments, and The Dark Duet series. There is also Fifty Shades of Grey. While the story line was interesting and kept you wondering what the outcome was going to be, the writing sucked. Not saying I didn't enjoy the books, because I did, just saying the writing was a little off. 

So there you have it. A little look into some of the books I read and how I became a bookworm. And now with an insanely fast growing polish collection, I am The Polished Bookworm. 

What are some of your favorite books? I am always open to reading something new :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Crystal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment